Hugh's Views

This is a purely self-indulgent blog in which I can, if I feel like so doing, comment on matters of public and private import.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom

Director of a publishing company. Two children, one stepchild. Happily married. I certainly don't believe in the star sign/year of the dragon nonesense that Blogger has attributed to me.

Friday, November 05, 2004

Scare

Here I am in the Channel Islands, having an apparently successful time.

This morning, I awoke to find a message on my mobile. It was a voice message from Catherine to say that she had collapsed on the floor after twisting her knee badly while packing. She had crawled to the phone and called me, only to get my voice mail. It was 10:30 and I was asleep.

I called her straight back this morning and got our voice mail at home. I immediately started to abandon all our plans for a celebratory weekend in Guernsey and find a flight home. Then I managed to reach her. She is alright this morning, but had a terrible night. Peter (thank goodness) came rushing over when she could not reach me and his sister, who is a nurse, gave telephone advice on how to knock the knee back into position. By about 2 a.m the crisis was over and everyone went home or to bed. And I missed the whole thing.

So, as of this moment, Catherine is still due to arrive here in a few hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home