Hugh's Views

This is a purely self-indulgent blog in which I can, if I feel like so doing, comment on matters of public and private import.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom

Director of a publishing company. Two children, one stepchild. Happily married. I certainly don't believe in the star sign/year of the dragon nonesense that Blogger has attributed to me.

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Civil liberties and Parliament

I profoundly disagree with the tabloid view that the current spat is simply politicians playing politics with the nation's security.

The proposed terrorism laws seem to me to undermine the principles of liberty that have stood us in such good stead since Magna Carta.

I am delighted that Parliament is giving the government such a hard time over this. Long may it continue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home