Hugh's Views

This is a purely self-indulgent blog in which I can, if I feel like so doing, comment on matters of public and private import.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom

Director of a publishing company. Two children, one stepchild. Happily married. I certainly don't believe in the star sign/year of the dragon nonesense that Blogger has attributed to me.

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Why should Charles apologise?

So the Bishop of Salisbury thinks that Prince Charles should apologise to Andrew Parker-Bowles for committing adultery with his wife (Parker-Bowles' wife, not the Bishop's). What absolute bunkum! If anyone should apologise, it should be the Church for marrying Charles to a woman he did not love.

I am all for loving, long-term relationships but the reality is that a great many people who get married in good faith subsequently discover that they have made a mistake. When that happens, they need all the support and help they can get - not sniping from the Church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home