Hugh's Views

This is a purely self-indulgent blog in which I can, if I feel like so doing, comment on matters of public and private import.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom

Director of a publishing company. Two children, one stepchild. Happily married. I certainly don't believe in the star sign/year of the dragon nonesense that Blogger has attributed to me.

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Ankylosing Spondylitis NASS Home Page

Ankylosing Spondylitis NASS Home Page

Argee asks about Ankylosing Spondylitis. Like most spondies, I tend not to talk about it much, but it can be a real pain at times. The link above should take you to the National Ankylosing Spondylitis Society, which has some useful information on the illness.

In reponse to your specific concern, Argee, it is hereditary only in the sense that the HLA-B27 antigen does tend to run in families and this antigen makes any children slightly more vulnerable to the disease. However, there is no automatic link that means that they will get it and neither of mine seem to have it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home