Hugh's Views

This is a purely self-indulgent blog in which I can, if I feel like so doing, comment on matters of public and private import.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom

Director of a publishing company. Two children, one stepchild. Happily married. I certainly don't believe in the star sign/year of the dragon nonesense that Blogger has attributed to me.

Saturday, December 18, 2004

The British Journalist

I am reading Andrew Marr's entertaining history of British Journalism, which is peppered with anecdotes from his own experiences of reporting from around the world.

The book opens with this wonderful quote from Humbert Wolfe:

You cannot hope
to bribe or twist,
thank God! the
British journalist.

But, seeing what
the man will do
unbribed, there's
no occasion to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home