Hugh's Views

This is a purely self-indulgent blog in which I can, if I feel like so doing, comment on matters of public and private import.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom

Director of a publishing company. Two children, one stepchild. Happily married. I certainly don't believe in the star sign/year of the dragon nonesense that Blogger has attributed to me.

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Guy Ritchie at the Sefton

I was sitting having breakfast at the Sefton Hotel in Douglas, IOM, yesterday with the HR Director of Manx Telecom. As we were leaving, he asked me if I had recognised the guy at the next table. Of course I hadn't, but it was apparently Guy Ritchie. He is filming on the IOM and always stays at the Sefton. Madonna comes over to join him at the weekends and the two of them love the island because they can go wherever they like without anyone bothering them.

I must remember to bother them next time!

Although I like the Sefton too, I had some problems this time. I actually changed rooms twice in three days, which is unheard of for me. The first room was fine, but the shaving lights failed. The night manager told me he would fix it in the morning butI was in a bad mood, having just had a delayed flight, so I told him to fix it now or get me another room. I got another room.

The next room had a problem with the plumbing that only became apparent at four in the morning. There was an annoying noise in the pipes or somewhere in room 192 and it woke me up. Furthermore, the temperature was just a tad too low and I could not increase it, whatever I did with the control.

I moved again.

The third room was great. I imagine Madonna and Guy had better luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home