Hugh's Views

This is a purely self-indulgent blog in which I can, if I feel like so doing, comment on matters of public and private import.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom

Director of a publishing company. Two children, one stepchild. Happily married. I certainly don't believe in the star sign/year of the dragon nonesense that Blogger has attributed to me.

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Catastrophe in the Indian Ocean

The scale of the disaster really defies comprehension. A couple of small-scale thoughts:

This time last year, both my children were in the Maldives on holiday. If they had chosen this year, rather than last...........

We also have some friends who have a business out there - Maldive Scuba Tours. They were visiting Bali when the Tsunami struck and so were not in danger. Luckily, as we understand it, their dive boats were in deep water and rode out the waves OK. However, they have real problems now in locating all their clients and getting them safely home. Beyond that, their business must surely suffer, both from the loss of infrastructure and from the damage to confidence.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home