Hugh's Views

This is a purely self-indulgent blog in which I can, if I feel like so doing, comment on matters of public and private import.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom

Director of a publishing company. Two children, one stepchild. Happily married. I certainly don't believe in the star sign/year of the dragon nonesense that Blogger has attributed to me.

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Back in Jersey!

It is 9:30 on a Sunday night. I am sitting in the foyer of the Pomme d'Or in St Helier after an all-too-short visit home.

Yesterday I flew home at lunchtime but we had to collect Emily from Ely and it was around 3 in the afternoon before we got home. Mum had come to visit and we had a lovely evening. Unfortunately, Emily had decided to spend the evening with her friends at the Bonfire Night celebrations on Cherry Hill in Ely, so I only got to see her for the briefest of times.

Today flew by and, before I knew it, I was on the Aurigny Saab plane on my way back to Jersey. I only just made the flight as Stansted was a heaving zoo. My check-in desk was dealing with the overflow from an Iceland Air plane and when I got to security, the queue was moving at a snail's pace.

Anyway, I did make the plane. Annoyingly, we landed at Guernsey first and sat on the tarmac for twenty minutes while people got off and were replaced by others.

Tomorrow I begin training at Ansbacher. Catherine assures me that this will be fun and that the group is really delightful. I am sure that is right but I would rather be at home.

However, we have worked out that I may be able to get home on Wednesday night rather than having to wait until Thursday lunchtime and that would certainly make life a lot better, as well as providing a much-needed full day in the office before we both set off for Swansea on Friday. Then we have a weekend with the Conways planned in the Cotswolds before Catherine drives north to Edinburgh and I begin training at Abbey in St Albans.

I now plan to spend a few moments reading through the information on tomorrow's group and then turn in.

I'm whacked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home