Hugh's Views

This is a purely self-indulgent blog in which I can, if I feel like so doing, comment on matters of public and private import.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom

Director of a publishing company. Two children, one stepchild. Happily married. I certainly don't believe in the star sign/year of the dragon nonesense that Blogger has attributed to me.

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Update the Blog!

I received an urgent communication this morning from my friend David Friedman in America who had noticed that the Blog was now a record two weeks behind reality. So, here we go!

It has been one heck of a month. I think I ran ten courses in November and travelled between Edinburgh in the North to Jersey in the South. The organisations I worked with in November were:

Abbey
Barings
Ansbacher
Abacus
Scottish Reinsurance
Roche Pharmaceuticals

However, Abbey are by far our biggest client and I ran courses in Jersey, St Albans and Warrington for them. In December, I am flying out to the Isle of Man to run one further course for them.

In the whole of November I cannot have spent more than a couple of consecutive days at home. Catherine, too, has been amazingly busy, running promotions and closing sales. She has landed CIGNA and the Land Registry, which may lead into Government in a big way.

All this activity is raising serious work-life balance issues. We love to be busy, but we clearly need to find ways of scaling this business up without killing ourselves. Tomorrow we interview a young man who we think might be able to take on the training part of what we do, freeing us up to think more and develop the business.

Things are slowing down for Christmas a little now. Next weekend we fly down to the South of France to stay with a couple of friends who have retired over there. We are really looking forward to a couple of days relaxation and good food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home