Hugh's Views

This is a purely self-indulgent blog in which I can, if I feel like so doing, comment on matters of public and private import.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom

Director of a publishing company. Two children, one stepchild. Happily married. I certainly don't believe in the star sign/year of the dragon nonesense that Blogger has attributed to me.

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Burke's triumph

The Oxford Dictionary of Quotations set out to find the world's favourite quotation as part of the launch of its latest edition.

The winner was Edmund Burke: "It is necessary only for the good man to do nothing for evil to triumph". W B Yeats came second.

You can read the top ten at: http://www.askoxford.com/worldofwords/quotations/quotefrom/100quotes/quotations/?view=uk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home